CandleScanner does not provide data, that is for you to obtain. In this section you will find the list of data providers, both free and paid, for many different markets (forex, stocks, futures), which you can use with CandleScanner. If you have a favorite data provider please feel free to let us know about your experience.
To import the data into CandleScanner please refer to the CandleScanner User Guide (chapter 3.2). CandleScanner supports ASCII text files (CSV) and binary MetaStock format.
- You can buy CandleQuote for $49 which downloads free end-of-day data from YAHOO! Finance. Check if your market is covered by YAHOO! Finance: Exchanges, markets, and indices covered on YAHOO! Finance. Please also watch this YoutTube video demonstrating how to use CandleQuote with CandleScanner
- Duksacopy historical data page
- Pepperstone tick data page
- TrueFX downloads page (requires free registration)
- MB Trading tick history download (requires free registration)
- GAIN Capital
- Here is a very useful link describing how to download free tick (intraday) data: http://eareview.net/tick-data/download-free-tick-data
- Norgate Investor Services
Recommended by CandleScanner
Norgate Investor Services provides end-of-day data update services, and historical data, for selected exchanges and markets across Stocks, Futures and Forex. There is an easy-to-use Windows-based updating application for each of these security types.